Killing unborn children in the womb using federal tax dollars makes the Arianna Nation coo with delight. But a crisis pregnancy center that is using federal tax dollars to save unborn children from being killed in the womb angers and outrages, and mortifies, the very liberal, very pro-abortion, Arianna Nation. There may be, however slight, some legitimacy to this “concern”, for you see, this crisis center, The Life Center of Midland, TX, according to the article, demands all its volunteers be Christians, and prove they are by writing in the church they worship at and the name of their pastor for a reference in their application form. On their pdf. application form it does have a place with a “Church Reference”, but whether or not it is actually a prerequisite is dubious. The Life Center, in its mission statement, does acknowledge its core Christian beliefs, and all applicant, staff and volunteers, are expected to adhere to that statement. That The Life Center would make such demands, and receive federal tax dollars, is making liberals, and the Arianna Nation uncomfortable and queasy. On the other hand – does anyone really believe liberals would be less appalled with using federal tax dollars to prevent a child from being killed in the womb if The Life Center did not have any religious language in its mission statement or on its application form? Or, to put it another way, would liberals be as indignant and outraged if a pro-life atheist crisis pregnancy center was receiving federal tax dollars to save unborn babies from being aborted? And even more provocative – would liberals be as indignant and outraged if a very religious, but very pro-abortion, pregnancy crisis center was receiving federal tax dollars and directing women to abortion clinics to kill their unborn children?
- “Pro-Choice” Aborts Itself (mundabor.wordpress.com)
- Brian Auten interviews pro-life debater Scott Klusendorf (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- Pro Lifers war against Abortion (exministries.wordpress.com)
- Passion Ignites (myheartsmission.com)
- Introducing Cities4Life in the War Against Abortion (airocross.com)
- ACLJ Urges Appeals Court to Protect NYC Crisis Pregnancy Centers by Upholding Earlier Decision that Blocks Unconstitutional Law (greenmountainscribes.wordpress.com)