When did being proud to be an American become controversial and the most hated thing in the world? A principal, Greta Hawkins, has actually banned the playing of Lee Greenwood’s “Proud to be an American” during “Enda Cohen School’s graduation ceremonies. Her reason?
We don’t want to offend other cultures.”
What “other cultures” is Hawkins possibly referencing? There is only one culture in America, and one culture in America that matters and that is dominant – American culture. How much do you want to bet this woman is a raving liberal? And what “inoffensive” song did she choose to replace Greenwood’s “offensive” song? Justin Beiber’s “Baby”.
It is more than apparent Hawkins has a personal hatred of America, damning her own students from showing any pride in America. Well – damn you Greta Hawkins. Who the hell are you to show so much contempt for America, and for the students who want to show pride in America? You, Greta, offend us and our American culture. That you have personal issues with America (and that probably involves, and revolves around, slavery, Jim Crow, segregation and perhaps women’s suppression – all of which are deep in America’s past and no longer actual issues) is no reason for you to force your narrow-mindedness upon your students. Your shallowness, your juvenile and childish antics are unbecoming of a school principal, or anyone who holds a public position and is paid via tax dollars. You, Greta, are an absolute disgrace and a tyrant, undeserving of the position you currently enjoy, at taxpayer expense. You, Greta, have acted stupidly. For that – you ought to be fired; your pension forfeited; your future in the public school system prohibited. You have shown yourself to be unprofessional, a usurper of power and an abuser of the rights of students. Why should we, the taxpayers, continue to fund your salary and your reckless, anti-American behavior?
- “Proud to be an American” banned at Brooklyn school by principal Greta Hawkins! (politicsandfinance.blogspot.com)
- Brooklyn School Principal Bans Kindergartners from Singing God Bless the USA but Justin Bieber Love Song is Just Dandy (pumabydesign001.com)
- School pulls patriotic song at graduation, OK’s Bieber song (whitenewsnow.com)
- New York Principal Bans Playing Of “God Bless The USA” At School Ceremony (jonathanturley.org)
- NYC Principal Bans ‘God Bless the USA’ at Kindergarten Graduation, Bieber’s ‘Baby’ OK (newsbusters.org)
- -”God Bless the USA” is Now Offensive? (answersforthefaith.com)